June 15, 2011
40 Years of Building Better Teams!
Fulcrum Search Science Inc.
Invites You and a Guest to an Evening of Celebration.
At the First Canadian Place Gallery Featuring Art from the 50th Anniversary of the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
5:45pm – 8:30pm
Main Floor, First Canadian Place (King & Bay)
Hors d’oeuvres will be served
Door Prize: A Basket of Ontario Wines
May 12 – 14, 2010
Fulcrum President, Bruce McAlpine, was a guest panelist and speaker at the 2010 ACSESS Conference speaking on
“Insights from the Trenches – Executive Search.”
See his presentation here.
April 30 – May, 1 2009
Fulcrum President, Bruce McAlpine, will be a guest speaker at the 2009
ACSESS Conference speaking on ” Winning While Waiting for the Recovery.”
Charles Darwin said “It’s not the strongest or the smartest who survive, but those most adaptable to change.” In an interactive session, Bruce will present a blueprint for how to work harder, smarter and differently to not just survive but actually thrive in the current economic downturn. Topics will include planning, client and candidate development, pricing, internal staffing factors, and overhead considerations, all building towards “The Perfect Day for the Perfect Team”.
See Bruce’s presentation here.
June 19, 2008
Fulcrum Search Science Inc., in partnership with The Bagg Group, is delighted to invite you to our Complimentary 10th Annual Breakfast Brief, being held this year on Wednesday, June 18th, at the Royal Canadian Military Institute.
Registration and Continental Breakfast: 7:30a.m. to 8:00a.m.
Seminar: 8:00a.m. to 9:30a.m.
Our featured speaker is Ted Emond, Senior Consultant with Hewitt Associates.
He will be presenting Hewitt’s latest Best Employers in Canada research to illustrate how best employers use employee branding to attract and retain top talent.
May 31, 2007
JOHN MAYBURY IS RETIRING
To: Fulcrum Search Science Inc. Clients and Contacts
From: Bruce McAlpine, President
It is with mixed emotions that I wish to announce that John Maybury is retiring at the end of May 2007.
Since joining Fulcrum Search Science Inc. in 1999, John has been a leader in every sense of the word. Consultant of the Year 3 out of the last 4 years, John has led the team in sales and repeat business, demonstrating our values of high quality work, strong client relationships, and personal integrity. John has also been a thought leader, investing in his own professional development through industry courses, and sharing his learning with the team. Finally, John has been an inspirational and emotional leader, always coming along side the newer team members for a coffee and a word of encouragement at just the right time.
John will be sorely missed by his clients, his networks, and his team mates.
Please join me in thanking John Maybury for his years of outstanding service to Fulcrum Search Science Inc. and in wishing him well as he prepares for the next chapter of his life.
May 15, 2006
Fulcrum Search Science Inc. President Bruce McAlpine was presented with the discretionary ACSESS Leadership Award at the annual conference of the Association of Canadian Search, Employment & Staffing Services (ACSESS) last month in Vancouver. Bruce is also a past recipient of ACSESS Award of Excellence for “outstanding leadership and exemplary commitment” to the industry in Canada. Past President of both APPAC (the Association of Professional Placement Agencies & Consultants) and ACSESS, Bruce is stepping down from the National Board after having served the maximum term premitted by the ACSESS by-laws. He is still maintaining his industry association involvement as Chair of the National Ethics Committee, and Chair of the Executive Search Special Interest Group.
For more information on the industry association,
November 1, 2004 – Fulcrum President, Bruce McAlpine, will be the guest speaker at HRPAO’s weekly Employment Networking Group.
HRPAO (Human Resources Professionals Association of Ontario) hosts the
weekly sessions. You must be a member to attend.
The Employment Networking Group is a volunteer networking group for
HRPAO members who are currently in-between career opportunities. The
group meets on a weekly basis to exchange information on experiences,
job search techniques, job leads and professional contacts. Weekly
meetings feature group networking sessions and presentations by guest
Meeting Time: Every Monday morning from 9:30am – 11:30am
Meeting location: HRPAO Classroom A – 2 Bloor St. W. 19th Floor,
November 1, 2004
Speaker: Bruce McApline, MBA, CPC
Topic: Understanding and Working with Search Firms
March 27, 2004 –
Fulcrum President, Bruce McAlpine, was a guest
speaker at York U MBA Homecoming Event as part of a Career
January 19, 2004 – Fulcrum President, Bruce McAlpine, was the guest
speaker at HRPAO’s weekly Employment Networking Group.
More Information on HRPAO and Bruce’s Presentation
January 2004 President’s Message
February 19th, 2003 – Press Release
Fulcrum Recruiting Firm Evolves to Focus on its Precise Process,
Leveraging 30 Years Experience
News – Community Involvement
Commitment to Community Service
Fulcrum Search Science Inc. is proud to participate in many charities. Our Management Committee
determines involvement but all staff members are invited to suggest new programs or contributions.
As well, FSS frequently matches personal fund raising efforts by employees. At the core of this is
FSS’s philosophy: Serve as a model to others.
- Children’s Aid Foundation – Fulcrum Search Science Inc. is a proud partner of the Children’s Aid Foundation. In partnership with Children’s Aid Society Toronto, Fulcrum Search Science Inc. Began the Fulcrum Search Science Endowed Education Fund in 2006.
- As a leader in the executive search industry, Fulcrum works with corporations to help the find the most qualified candidates for their specific needs. As such, we recognize the value of post-secondary education. Through our partnership with Children’s Aid Foundation, we are committed to assisting high–risk youth in achieving their full potential in their careers and life by helping them financially to meet their educational goals.
- On October 4th, 2006, Bruce McAlpine, President of Fulcrum Search Science Inc., Ken Stouffer, Sr. Consultant, Finance & Accounting, Chris Twigger, Sr. Consultant, Sales & Marketing and Cathy Cheng, HR Administrator were proud to attend The Children’s Aid Foundation 8th Annual Recognition Dinner & Awards Ceremony to present the first scholarship. We appreciate the continued patronage of our corporate clients, who make possible our contributions
- Leadership Ministries – The Leadership Group seeks to steer men and women from success to significance. They invite men and women of influence in the business and
“Bells on Bay Street”. We also have provided financial support to this organization for the past three years.
- Easter Seals – For more than 80 years, Easter Seals has helped people with disabilities in communities nationwide. We at FSS share their spirit of inclusiveness and diversity. Over half of all staff members participated the Easter Seals 24-hour relay fundraising event. Participation is voluntary which makes the number of staff attending even more impressive.
- Toronto Humane Society – Each year staff members undertake various community duties to assist in furthering the goals of this organization, and the involvement of internal
employees is increasing steadily. Members of FSS volunteer their time and expertise at many Humane Society events such as Paws in the Park, adoption fairs, and other local activities. As well, several FSS employees raise funds for the Humane Society through the sale of calendars or by pledges. The company also provides additional financial support.
Other charities our staff supports include:
- Markhaven Foundation
- Doctors Without Borders
- World Vision
- Tyndale Seminary
- Christian Children’s Fund
- Forest Brook Bible Chapel – Benevolence Fund
- Focus on the Family
- Grace to You
- Grace Toronto Church
- King-Bay Chaplaincy
- John A Boddy Youth Foundation
- National Citizens Coalition
- The Navigators Canada
- Pickering Christian School Building Fund
- The Evangelical Fellowship of Canada
- The Hospital for Sick Children
- The Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation
- The Scott Mission
- United Way
- Foster Parents Plan
- Ontario Prayer Breakfast
- Heart and Stroke Foundation
- The Canadian Cancer Society
- The Leprosy Mission of Canada
- The Salvation Army
- The Voice of the Martyrs
- Toronto City Mission
- Yonge Street Mission